- 1. Online applications are invited from eligible female candidates for admission to the 4 year Basic B.Sc. Nursing Programme (Session 2022-2023), commencing in 15th March 2022 at St. Barnabas Hospital Colleges of Nursing, website.
- 2. Eligibility requirements for admission:
- (a) Age: The minimum age for admission shall be 17 years as on 31st December of the admission year. The maximum age limit for admission shall be 30 years.
- (b) Minimum Educational Qualification: (i) Candidate with Science who has passed the qualifying 12th Standard examination (10+2) from recognized board and must have obtained a minimum of 45% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together and passed in English individually.
- 3. The candidate should be medically fit.
- 4. Only female candidates are eligible to apply.
- 5. Relaxation of 5% of marks shall be granted in minimum eligibility criteria to candidates belonging to SC/ST category.
- 6. Admission will be allowed through entrance exam .
(ii) Candidates are also eligible from State Open School recognized by State Government and National Institute of Open School (NIOS) recognized by Central Government having Science subjects (PCB) and English.
(iii) English is a compulsory subject in 10+2 for being eligible for admission to B.Sc. (Nursing).
The selection of the candidates for admission to B. Sc. Nursing Course will be made on the merit of the Entrance test, counselling and medical fitness. All candidates have to appear for the entrance test.
Usual relaxation for ST/SC candidates applies. Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/OBC Candidates while applying for admission to B. Sc. Nursing Course will attach along with the application form for admission, a cast certificate issued by a competent authority without which, relaxation of SC/ST/OBC will not be given.
Entrance test will be held at 10.00 A.M. in St. Barnabas Hospital College of nursing premises on the stipulated date. The entrance test will be of two hours (2 hours) duration
and shall contain objective type (Multiple Choice) questions. The medium of examination shall be English. The question paper will have 100 (One Hundred)
MCQ/objective type questions of one mark each. Each question has four options i.e. A, B, C & D. Out of which only one will be the correct option. There
will be no negative marking for incorrect answers.
The test will be based on 10+2 curriculum of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and shall also include some items on English Comprehension and vocabulary, General Knowledge and Health in order to judge the aptitude of students towards nursing.
|S. No.||Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
|5||General Knowledge & current affairs||10||10|
- The written test will be followed by counselling. No candidate will be allowed to attend the counselling session without the following originals. Original 10th class Mark sheet and Certificate
- Eligibility criteria for admission are given in the prospectus. Being permitted to sit for the written test or being called for the counselling does not mean acceptance of eligibility.
- The provisionally selected candidates will have to undergo a medical check up at the St Barnabas Hospital.
Original 12th class Mark sheet and Certificate
Original Caste Certificate, Residential certificate and Income certificate
- Selection is subject to written test marks, counselling and medical clearance.
- The list of selected candidates will be displayed on the College Notice board and the college website (https://www.sbhcollegeofnursing.com) on July 22, 2022 by 11 a.m. Each student is responsible to see selection list displayed on the college notice board. NO SEPARATE COMMUNICATON, OFFICE CORRESPONDENCE, TELEPHONIC INFORMATION will be sent by the college to the candidates.
- Admission is based on merit.
- The decision of the selection committee will be final and no correspondence will be entertained regarding rejection or disqualification of the applicant.
- In the event of any dispute arising out of this admission process; the matter will be settled in Ranchi jurisdiction only.